The Bands – Oslo School of Architecture
Team project – The Bands project is located in Kleivan, north of the Polar Circle, in an archipelago formed by an 1100 m high wall of mountains and cliffs that stretches 250 kms. into the North Sea.
The site is on a quay containing three existing buildings: a fisherman’s cottage, a cod liver oil production building, and a cod salting building all of which were part of a now abandoned fishing village. These buildings date back to the early 1900s and are protected as they are the remains of a form of life prevalent in this region which has ceased to exist.